This is hands-down the best asparagus we’ve ever had. Perfectly roasted on a single sheet pan along with fresh cherry tomatoes and garlic, it’s fancy enough to serve at a dinner party, and easy enough to make on a lazy weeknight.
- 1 pound of asparagus, stalks trimmed
- ½ pound of cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 large cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter, melted (or 3 tablespoons of olive oil + ¼ teaspoon of salt)
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 5 large leaves of basil
- ½ of a medium lemon, sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of water
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or a silicone mat. Lay the asparagus in a flat layer and the tomatoes and halved garlic cloves in the remaining space on the pan.
- Drizzle the top with the olive oil and evenly sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Using your hands, mix the asparagus and then the tomatoes and garlic on the pan until evenly coated.
- Place in the oven and cook for 14-20 minutes until the asparagus is cooked to your liking (exact timing will depend on how thick your asparagus stalks are).
- While baking, prepare your tahini drizzle. In a small bowl, mix together the tahini, lemon juice, water, salt, and garlic powder until you have a viscous creamy white drizzle sauce.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the asparagus on a serving platter. Top the asparagus with the roasted tomatoes and garlic cloves, drizzle with tahini dressing, and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Don’t have any lemons? A splash of white vinegar will work in place of lemon juice in the tahini drizzle sauce.
Keywords: healthy, vegan, vegetarian, spring, Easter, plant-based, asparagus, roasted, veggies, vegetables