This fresh vegan ratatouille dish will take you to a sunny day in the Mediterranean and remind you of why we love these simple ingredients so much!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 heads of red onion, finely sliced
- 2 ½ cups of tomato passata (or tomato sauce)
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 plum tomatoes
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices of lemon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil and cook the finely chopped garlic with half a head of red onion (finely sliced).
- After 2 minutes, add the tomato passata (or tomato sauce) and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for 3-4 minutes and add the little leaves from a sprig of fresh thyme. This will be your base for the ratatouille.
- Spread the sauce evenly on the bottom of a round casserole dish.
- Slice the vegetables very thin, about a fifth of an inch, or even thinner if desired.
- Arrange sliced vegetables in circles as shown in the photo and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and a sprig of thyme, and enjoy!
Keywords: dinner, French, mediterranean, ratatouille, side, tomatoes, zucchini