These grilled potato skins are basically crispy barbecued finger food. Perfect as hors d’oeuvres or as a starter served with our craft beer and vegetable chili. Once you try them you might become addicted!
For the potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes (choose a fast-cooking variety)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
For the guacamole
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 avocado
- 4 teaspoons of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets and leave them to cool. Halve them and scoop out the flesh, leaving 5 mm over the skin. Set aside the potato flesh.
- For the filling, finely chop the chili. Crush the potato flesh and the avocado with a fork and mix them with the remaining guacamole ingredients.
- Brush the potato skins with the olive oil and grill them on their cut side over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn them over, fill them with the potato guacamole, and finish cooking for another 3 minutes with the lid closed.
- Top with chopped coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Keywords: potato skins, grilled potatoes, vegan potato skins, vegan barbecue recipe