This super easy vegan creamy tomato pasta comes together in minutes and loved by adults and kids alike! Simply cook your pasta, add the sauce ingredients to a blender (no chopping necessary!) and blend until creamy. Pour the sauce over your cooked pasta, sprinkle with basil, and enjoy!
- 1 pound of pasta (any type)
- 1 (28 oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a high-powered blender, add the fire roasted tomatoes and their juices, cashews, garlic cloves, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Blend on high for about two minutes or until creamy and silky smooth. The color should be uniform and there should be no chunks remaining.
- Drain your pasta, return it to the pot it was cooking in, and pour half of the sauce over the pasta. Mix well, and add more sauce as desired. Store the remaining sauce in a mason jar in the fridge for up to one week, and use for another batch of pasta.
- Serve topped with fresh basil, if desired, and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough sauce for two bathes of pasta. Store any unused pink sauce in a sealed container in the fridge for another batch of pasta later in the week!
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, soak your cashews for a couple hours before blending.
Keywords: vegan, dinner, dairy-free, oil-free, sugar-free, pasta, vegetarian, plant-based