Who can resist such a picture perfect parfait? The combination of a creamy vegan chia pudding with a sweet strawberry compote and a drizzle of peanut butter is undeniably delicious. Excellent for either breakfast, dessert, or any time of day!
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, for garnish
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- In a bowl add the chia seeds, soymilk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least four hours or overnight.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring and mashing the fruit occasionally to combine.
- Serve the chilled chia pudding garnished with peanut butter, strawberry compote, and fresh strawberries.
Pop your peanut butter in the microwave to thin out the consistency. Drizzle over the top of the parfait.
Keywords: breakfast, chia, dessert, peanut butter, strawberries, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, plant-based