This delicious and healthy vegan pea of broccoli soup is so simple to make, using such basic ingredients, that you'd never believe how good it is! It's flavorful and has a surprise kick, even though you wouldn't think it from the ingredients. If you're looking for an easy and healthful weeknight dinner, this is for you!
- 6 cups of water
- 2.5 cups of frozen peas
- 3 cups of broccoli (tightly packed)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (or 1 teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon)
- In a large soup pot, add the water, peas, broccoli, garlic, salt, pepper, and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Pour into a blender, blitz until smooth, and serve hot!
Want a thicker soup? Add more broccoli and peas. If it’s too thick for you, simply add more water and season to taste. Broccoli can be a little tricky to measure precisely, which is why adjustments are sometimes necessary. If you finish blending the soup and it’s too thin, try t his: Add additional fresh broccoli into a microwave-safe bowl with an inch or two of water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for about 2 minutes. Drain out the water and add the steamed broccoli to the blender and blend again!