Dinner made in a single pot? Oh yes! It’s possible, it’s delicious, and we’re about to show you how it’s done in this vegan one-pot pasta recipe. It’s easy. It’s creamy. It’s flavorful. It’s one of our most popular vegan pasta recipes here at World of Vegan!
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ cups of mushrooms (diced into small chunks)
- 2 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups of non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- ½ pound of dried pasta (230 grams) (spaghetti, fettuccine, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- ¾ cup of fresh basil (finely chopped, plus more for garnish)
- Heat a large pot with the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and milk then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, or until the pasta is cooked and tender. This will take somewhere around 10-12 minutes but can vary depending on the type of pasta you use. Stir the pasta frequently.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the water and cornstarch to a small bowl and stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch slurry, as well as the salt, pepper, and vegan butter to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens nicely.
- Turn the heat off and add the basil. Stir to combine. Plate the pasta and garnish with additional pepper and fresh basil if desired.
Keywords: angel hair, dinner, fettuccine, linguine, pasta, spaghetti, one pot