This creamy hummus takes just 5 minutes to make, and is a perfect dip for pita, chips, carrots, or celery, and delicious slathered onto a sandwich or wrap!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 spoonfuls of tahini
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 generous pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 generous pinch of cumin
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of black olives
- 1 jalapeño with seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon chives for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor (or Blendtec blender using the “twister” jar) add all ingredients except the olives and jalapeño. Blend thoroughly until rich and creamy.
- Add the black olives and jalapeño and pulse a few times until thoroughly combined, and chopped into small pieces.
- Serve garnished with a sprinkle of paprika and some chopped chives, alongside pita, chips, or carrots and celery.
- If it’s too thick, add a drizzle or water or extra oil.
- For an oil-free version, simply omit the olive oil! You may need to add a drizzle of water in it’s place if the hummus is too thick.
Keywords: hummus, side, sauce, appetizer, easy, vegan, vegetarian, middle eastern