Homemade vegan Halloween treats are the best! These adorable vegan rice krispies treats decorated to look like sweet little mice will be a definite hit with your friends and family.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, add vegan butter and marshmallows.
- Stir regularly for about 7–8 minutes, or until largely melted.
- Add cereal to the sauce pan and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into a 9×9 pan and set aside to cool before cutting into mice-sides rectangles.
- On a piece of paper, sketch mice parts (ears, tails and whiskers), place it on a cutting board, and cover with wax paper.
- Heat chocolate chips (using microwave of double boiler) until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a plastic bag, cut a tiny hole in the tip, and pipe the chocolate onto the wax paper to form your mice ears. Set in the freezer for 20 minutes until chocolate hardens.
- While freezing, pipe the chocolate onto the rice krispies to form the mice eyes, nose, and whiskers. Then pipe chocolate onto the “head” to attach the frozen ears.
- Allow to cool before enjoying or serving at a Halloween party!
- If you’d prefer, you can melt the butter and marshmallows in a microwave instead of on the stove. To do so, in a glass bowl microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until marshmallows are fully melted. Then mix in cereal and stir until combined.
Keywords: vegan treats, vegan halloween, rice krispies, puffed rice treat