If you’ve been looking for the ultimate meaty vegan tacos these are it! Filling and packed with flavor while simultaneously ticking your 5 a day boxes. Add any extra veggies you wish and we dare you to try and eat just two. Hint: Not easy!
- Soft tortillas or crunchy taco shells (your pick!)
For the vegan taco meat
- 24 oz of vegan ground beef (two packages)
- 16 oz of plain tomato sauce (2 small cans)
- 2 oz of vegan Worcestershire sauce (watch out for anchovies!)
- 1 tablespoon of Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Tabasco (5 drops, optional)
Taco toppings (Optional)
- Lettuce or cabbage, shredded
- Onion, finely diced
- Jalapeno, finely diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- Over medium heat, add vegan beefy crumbles, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and Tabasco (optional). If the mixture appears very thick and dry, add a splash of water.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Then uncover and allow to simmer until moist but not liquidy.
- Heat soft tortillas or taco shells, assemble the vegan tacos with your favorite fixings, and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan tacos, meaty tacos, vegan tortillas, meaty vegan dish, Mexican vegan recipe, tacos