Luscious and lemony! Angela’s plant-based pancakes are positively full of poppy seeds and a light citrus tang. This recipe from Angela’s Plant-Based Kitchen is both vegan and gluten-free and will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon of plant-based milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- cooking oil spray
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- In a high-speed blender, add oats and blend on high until oats turn to flour.
- To the blender, add banana, lemon juice, plant-based milk, granulated sugar, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer blender contents to a small mixing bowl. Stir in poppy seeds and baking powder.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high, lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Pour about ⅓ cup batter into the center of the pan. Cook until bubbles form and the edges of the pancake appear dry. Carefully flip and brown the other side.
- Repeat the pancake process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve these vegan lemon poppyseed pancakes hot with maple syrup.
- Like it extra lemony? Add a pinch of lemon zest to the batter.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, lemon, pancakes, poppy seed, weekend