Another day, another vegan cookbook. With such an enormous array of incredible vegan books flooding the marketplace, that’s how it feels sometimes! Well, today’s book is pretty special. It’s not everyday that a New York Times bestselling author publishes a new vegan book.
Meet The Book of Veganish by Kathy Freston with Rachel Cohn.
Kathy Freston gained worldwide notoriety when she was invited on The Oprah Winfrey Show, where she inspired Oprah to take a 21-day vegan challenge back in 2008. Kathy has since appeared on many national television shows including Ellen, The Dr.Oz Show, Charlie Rose, Good Morning America, and The Martha Stewart Show. She is an incredible ambassador for animals and veganism, and we couldn’t be more excited for this new book of hers.
To whet your appetite, we’ve got a recipe from the book for you. Enjoy!
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until nearly smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula once or twice.
- If you want it smoother, add a little water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue to process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, or up to 3 days.