This gorgeous green spin on a classic refreshing Moscow Mule drink is a win for anyone who loves a cocktail and appreciates health. Adding kale juice to this cocktail gives you a dose of antioxidants and nutrition while barely impacting the flavor of the drink.
Kale & Cucumber Juice:
- 3 large leaves of kale
- 1 inch of a small cucumber
MosKale Mule Cocktail
- 6 ounces of ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 ounces of vodka (we use Koskenkorva)
- 1 splash of kale and cucumber juice
STEP 1: In a juicer, juice 3 large leaves of kale. Then add 1 inch of a small cucumber, which will help push down any remaining kale leaves and juice. Set this nutritious kale-cucumber juice aside.
STEP 2: Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Add ginger beer, lime juice, vodka, and a splash of the kale-cucumber juice mixture. Stir to mix.
- Just a small splash of the cucumber-kale juice will create a beautiful green colored cocktail without imparting a green juice flavor into your cocktail. Feel free to add more if you enjoy the green juice flavor or wish to bump up the nutrition content of your drink.
- If you add a lot of kale juice to your drink, it will turn a darker, swampier green color. This can be fun for Halloween, but may be less desirable for other occasions.
- Serve with a shot of your remaining green juice, or reserve any leftover green juice for additional MosKale mule drinks.
Keywords: drink, kale, healthy, new years, st patricks day, cocktail, vegan, vegetarian, mix drink