This innovative spin on hash browns uses the power of the waffle iron to get extra crispy hash brown waffles. Grab your favorite ketchup and get ready to dig in!
- 1 pound of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1½ tablespoons of vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Squeeze excess water out of the shredded potatoes and toss in a large bowl with the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Stirring until well incorporated. The shreds should be evenly coated before proceeding.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker. Distribute the potato mixture evenly and packing it in firmly. Close the lid tightly and cook on medium-high for 5-8 minutes (longer if using a thicker Belgian-style waffle iron), until golden brown all over. Serve right away, while still hot and crisp!
- You can find ready-to-cook shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of some grocery stores, alongside prepared and packaged side dishes.
Keywords: dairy-free, gluten-free, hash browns, potatoes, vegan waffles