A healthful green detox soup with leeks and veggies to nourish your body and soul! Great for a light lunch or a side to your dinner!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of leeks, packed (see recipe notes)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups of zucchini, diced into small chunks
- 1½ cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup of spinach, packed
- ½ cup of parsley
- sprouts for garnish (optional)
- Add coconut oil to a large pot. Heat the pot and add the leeks and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini and broccoli, along with the salt and pepper and sauté for another 12 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas, spinach, and parsley, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth (alternately you can use an immersion blender).
- Top with fresh sprouts (or croutons) if desired. Enjoy!
- Don’t have leeks? You can use yellow or white onion instead.
Keywords: broccoli, detox, green, leeks, light, soup, zucchini