This vegan greek salad will take you to the Mediterranean with every bite! Full of intense and flavorful ingredients like olives and a special Mediterranean marinated tofu, this vegan greek salad will become a new favorite!
- ½ cup of firm tofu (drained, pressed to remove excess liquid, and diced)
- 1 tablespoon of flavorful extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 8 cured (marinated) kalamata olives or green olives (roughly chopped)
- ¼ of a medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- salt (to taste (chunky sea salt is best))
- 1/4 cup of Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Rustic bread (sliced and toasted, for serving)
- Place the tofu in a bowl with the olive oil, oregano, and red chili pepper flakes. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or more ideally a few hours.
- Place the prepared tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, and bell pepper in a salad bowl and add the tofu once it's ready. Mix it all up, sprinkle with salt, garnish with parsley, serve with toasted bread, and enjoy!
Want even more flavor? Feel free to add your favorite vegan salad dressing of choice. This salad goes really well with a simple balsamic vinaigrette.