This baked granola isn’t gorgeous in the traditional sense—I mean you won’t want to paint or invite it to prom. However, it is gorgeous in its simplicity and flavor. This recipe is oh-so-easy to throw together but super versatile and yummy! You can eat it plain or topped with non-dairy milk, add it to parfaits, cobblers or enjoy alongside baked apples. Or, use it in one of my all-time favorite ways—as a topping for shales or smoothie bowls.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of neutral-flavored oil (such as refined coconut, sunflower, or safflower)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat your oven at 258° F
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the oats, maple syrup, coconut sugar, oil, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Place it in a 6 inch round, 2-inch deep baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove, stir well and bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat this step, removing and stirring every 10 minutes for 40 minutes in total, or until the granola is lightly brown and mostly dry. It won’t be totally crisp yet but it will become crisp once transferred to a plate and allowed to cool.
- Store in an airtight container once its completely cooled and crisp. The granola should keep for at least for a week or two in a cool, dry place.