Ready to try a new spin on two of your favorite dishes? Pasta and enchiladas combine in this delicious Vegan Enchilada Pasta. This recipe is decadent, flavorful, and filling. Plus, it’s made in just one pot for easy cleanup. Hope you’re hungry!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 package (10 oz) of vegan beefy crumbles (any variety)
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon’s “No Chicken Base” (other vegan bouillon will work too)
- 1 15.5 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) of dried rotini pasta
- ½ cup of vegan shredded cheese (any variety)
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- ½ of a large ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- In a large sauté pan (with a lid), heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and onions, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add vegan beefy crumble and taco seasoning and sauté until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Add water, Better Than Bouillon, enchilada sauce, and pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow to simmer for an additional 5 – 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded vegan cheese, reserving some to sprinkle on top for serving.
- Garnish with sliced black olives, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, and lime wedges and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, dinner