Tired of searching for a pure, chemical-free deodorant that doesn’t cost a fortune? Yeah, me, too. Here’s a mega-simple DIY deodorant that focuses on safe, effective ingredients. No muss, no fuss, no stink!
Top Tip: Tea tree, lavender and lemongrass essential oils are all powerful odor fighters. Add a few drops and you’ll be smelling sweet!
- Small glass jar with lid
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of baking soda or kaolin clay
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of coconut oil
- 5 drops of essential oil(s) of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot powder with baking soda until well combined. Set aside.
- Place coconut oil in a small heatproof glass bowl. Microwave on High, stirring every 5 seconds, until melted and completely smooth. (The total time will depend on the strength of your microwave.)
- Whisk coconut oil into arrowroot mixture along with essential oil(s) until a paste forms. Pour into jar.
- Using fingers, rub a small amount of paste over underarm skin until absorbed.
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- Best for: Normal, Combination, Oily/acne-prone, Dry and Mature skin.
Keywords: diy deodorant, cruelty-free deodorant, vegan deodorant, homemade, body care