These spicy vegan chipotle corn ribs are so flavorful and easy to make—no grill necessary! It’s a delicious way to enjoy corn any time of year. It’s a perfect party food—just cut the corn into corn ribs in advance and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to air fry them. Cutting the raw corn cob is the hardest part, so be sure to bring some muscle power and a steady hand! Thank you for this brilliant food trend, TikTok!
- 1 corn on cob (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
Note: the hardest part about this recipe is cutting the corn cob. Please be safe about this! It requires a very sharp large knife and a lot of muscle strength.
- Shuck the corn by removing the husk and all the stringy fibers (which can be discarded or added to your compost).
- Cut the corn cob in half and then into quarters creating 8 spears that will be your “corn ribs.” Here’s how: Using a sharp knife, lots of muscle, and steady hands, slice the corn in half crosswise creating two much shorter cob (this is the easiest cut). Then, take one half, steady it on the cutting board, and cut it in half lengthwise. This is tough to do, and will require a see-saw motion with your knife as you slowly work your way through the core of the rind. Once cut, place each piece with thee flat side down, and cut in half lengthwise again, so you have four spears (“corn ribs”). Take your remaining half-cob and do the same, so you have a total of 8 corn rib spears.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter, garlic powder, chipotle powder, and salt until well combined.
- Using a basting brush, brush the buttery mixture evenly over all the corn ribs until they are fully coated.
- Place the seasoned corn ribs into an air fryer, forming a single layer. Air fry at 375ºF for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 4 minutes.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, plant based, air fryer, party, barbecue, grill, bbq, corn, summer, easy