This delicious vegan chocolate zucchini bread is a moist, cakey treat that is reminiscent of chocolate cake but is relatively healthy and guilt-free!
- 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal (+ 6 tablespoons water)
- ¾ cup of brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ cup of vegan butter (or coconut oil, melted)
- ¼ cup of non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups of grated zucchini
- ⅔ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8.5″ x 4.5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the ground flax and water to a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside and allow the mixture to thicken.
- In another separate medium bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Add the flax mixture and mix again.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and the zucchini.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf before removing it from the pan. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan bread, vegan chocolate bread, zucchini bread, vegan dessert