This no-bake chocolate pie is one of the easiest I’ve ever made. There are only four ingredients, and all of them can be snapped up at your local grocery store. For vegan chocolate chips, look at the ingredients and make sure they don’t say “contains milk.” I usually buy Trader Joe’s or Guittard semisweet chocolate chips. For the piecrust, Keebler’s graham-cracker crust is accidentally vegan and is a good bet.
For the pie:
- 1 bag of vegan semisweet chocolate chips (12-ounce)
- 1 (14-ounce) block of silken tofu drained (also called “soft” tofu)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 vegan graham cracker pie crust
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can (13.5-ounce) of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons of powdered sugar
For the Pie:
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Mix with a fork until smooth. (If the chocolate is still lumpy, microwave for 20-second intervals, mixing in between, until the chocolate is completely smooth. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the melted chocolate, tofu, and vanilla until creamy.
- Pour the tofu-chocolate mixture into the piecrust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the filling solidifies. The pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For the Coconut Milk:
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- After the coconut milk is completely chilled, the milk and water should have separated. Remove the lid and pour out the water. (You can save it for a smoothie.)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the solidified coconut milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar on high for 5 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy. (If you don’t have an electric mixer, a hand whisk will also work.) Serve Immediately.
- If you don’t have a graham-cracker pie crust handy, you can crumble your favorite cookies or graham crackers and pack them tightly into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Then pour the tofu-chocolate mixture on top of the crumbs and place the pie in the freezer.
- Avoid using coconut milk with guar gum because it prevents the milk from solidifying. If you can’t find one that is full-fat and doesn’t have guar gum, coconut cream also works.
Testers’ Tip: “To make your own pie crust, use a sleeve of vegan graham crackers, which has roughly ten, and pulse them in a blender or food processor until they crumble. Add ½ cup vegan butter to the blender or food processor and blend together. Using your fingers, press the graham cracker mixture into the baking sheet.” —Lisa K. from New Orleans, LA
Keywords: chocolate pie, vegan pie, vegan chocolate pie, vegan dessert