These baked Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts are the perfect treat when we are feeling crafty! Because they are baked they are considerably less oily but still crazy delicious. Serve them with some plant-based milk on the side or some warm tea. Yum!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of unsweetened non-dairy milk (room temperature)
- ⅓ – ½ cup of sugar or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter (melted or room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda into a large bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter will be slightly thick, which is what you want.
- Gently grease the donut pan with vegan butter. Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan, distributing it evenly between each cavity.
- Bake the donuts in the center rack of your oven for 10 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, sift all of the the glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack and allow them to cool further.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze, then place them in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the donuts again to add another layer of glaze and allow them to chill again. If you have any glaze left, you can repeat this step one more time.
- Consume the donuts within a few days.