Want to make your breakfast extra special? Bake up some of these delicious chocolate chip banana muffins! The combination of chocolate chips and banana is unbeatable and offers the perfect pick-me-up for a weekday slump.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, or light spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 medium or 4 small bananas, very ripe
- ⅔ cup of maple syrup
- ⅔ cup of non-dairy milk, unsweetened and at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cavity muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large shallow bowl, mash 3 medium bananas or 4 small bananas very well with a potato masher. Add the maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. There will still be some clumps from the bananas and this is completely normal.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and whisk gently to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. I used mini chocolate chips but you can use larger ones.
- Distribute the batter between the 12 muffin liners. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the muffin tray for at least 15 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tray and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!
Keywords: banana, breakfast, chocolate chip, dairy-free, dessert, egg-free, muffins, snack