Looking for a fun way to eat your broccoli and have some potatoes too? This vegan cheesy broccoli and potatoes recipe features nutritional yeast for a nice, cheesy kick!
- 1½ pounds (about 5 cups [680 g]) of petite potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of olive oil, divided
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup (20 g) of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the potatoes to the sheet pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add the broccoli, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and toss until well combined. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until the tips of the florets have started to brown and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and parsley, and toss to combine. Serve as a side dish or atop a big bowl of massaged kale for a complete meal.
Add this to a bowl with baked tofu, quinoa, chickpeas, and some greens for a complete, protein-packed meal.
Keywords: roasted, veggies, potatoes, broccoli, dairy-free, gluten-free, casserole, warm, comfort food