Wings are for flying—not frying! But don’t worry, this recipe leaves actual wings to the birds, and uses healthy cauliflower florets instead.
These vegan cauliflower buffalo wings make a perfect game-day snack, and once you try them, you’ll be hooked for life. They are gluten-free and of course, vegan!
The ranch dip is especially delicious. I know it takes a little extra time to whip it together yourself (rather than using a store-bought option) but it will be worth it, I promise!
- 2 large cauliflower heads, chopped into florets
- 1 cup of white rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot which is available at most supermarkets)
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Combine the water, white rice flour, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Thoroughly coat the cauliflower florets with the batter and place onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are slightly brown on the top.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and coat them in buffalo sauce.
- Insert buffalo cauliflower back into oven to crisp up for another 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have white rice flour, it is fine to use regular flour.
Keywords: appetizer, buffalo, cauliflower, gluten-free, spicy, vegan wings