You can, and should, put this vegan buffalo queso on everything. It’s like Batman’s utility belt, but vegan. Eat it with nachos, veggies, or some macaroni pasta, it will taste like heaven all the same.
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked for at least 15 minutes)
- ½ (8-ounce) block silken tofu
- Salt + pepper to taste
- ¾ cup of hot sauce (we used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1½ tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 1 cup of nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup of soy milk
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with vegan bacon or diced scallions or both!
Pairing suggestions: Toss buffalo queso with noodles for buffalo mac & cheeze. Or use buffalo queso on tacos and nachos, drizzle on pizzas, or just warm and use as a dip with chips.
Keywords: vegan cheese, vegan queso, mexican queso, vegan cheese sauce