Looking for the perfect vegan blueberry muffins? Here they are! These soft, pillowy muffins are incredibly easy to make using staple pantry ingredients. The hardest part is trying not to eat them all at once!
- ⅓ cup of soymilk (any type)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1½ cups of frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line cupcake tin with 11 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, add the soymilk and flaxseed meal and mix well. Add the apple sauce, canola oil, and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix well. Add the wet mixture and gently mix together with a fork or spoon. Fold in 1 cup of frozen blueberries, reserving ½ cup for topping.
- Fill your cupcake liners with batter (all the way to the top, which should make 11 muffins). Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, until the muffins start to get lightly golden on top and a toothpick comes out of the center of the muffin clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying!