This is such a classic recipe! A comforting and super-easy vegan blueberry cobbler dessert loved by all and pretty much foolproof when it comes to cooking skills. You can use different berries if you want to experiment a bit!
For the berries:
- 4 cups of frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
For the topping:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of cold vegan butter
- 1 cup of plant-based milk ((any type))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in a baking dish and sprinkle on the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix with a spoon and allow to sit as you prepare the dough.
- To make your dough: In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until throughly mixed. Cut in the butter. Do do this, cut the butter into small chunks using a sharp knife, taking care not to melt the butter. Add the chopped butter to the flour mixture, and working quickly with dry hands, massage the butter and flour mixture together until incorporated and only small chunks of butter remain. Finally, add the plant-based milk and mix with a spoon to form a thick dough.
- Using the spoon, add dollops of the dough on top of the blueberry mixture in the baking dish, leaving some spots exposed. This doesn't have to look neat and even—cobblers should have a rustic look!
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the dough turns a very light golden color and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the dough comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cool.
- Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream (or vegan whipped cream) and enjoy!
If you have leftovers, this cobbler can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the oven or microwave. It’s still delicious the next day!