These vegan banana pops are better than any popsicle or ice cream pop, and they’re much healthier too! They’re dipped in a mixture of melted chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut oil that hardens and forms a shell around the banana, for the perfect vegan summer dessert. These are easy to make and a really fun project for kids. You simply MUST try them!
- 3 large bananas, ripe but not too soft
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Chopped peanuts
- Melted peanut butter drizzle
- Shredded coconut
- With the peel still on, slice each banana in half, as pictured. Remove the peel from each half-banana and stick a popsicle stick through the length of the banana, placing the stick as evenly as you can to hold the banana in place. Place on a dish or in a container and freeze for 2+ hours.
- After an hour of freezing, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil to a small ramekin and melt by microwaving in 20 second increments, mixing in between each.
- Remove the banana pops from the freezer and dip and roll partway into the melted chocolate mixture to coat as desired. The chocolate will harden on the cold bananas quickly so act fast. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings (chopped nuts, coconut shreds, sprinkles, crushed dried fruit, etc.) before the chocolate hardens. Place on a dish or in a container and freeze for another hour or more before enjoying.
Keywords: dessert, vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, plant-based, non-dairy, ice cream, summer, healthy, snack, soy-free, gluten-free