A scrumptious fluffy vegan whipped cream made from the brine of chickpeas! Top your waffles, pancakes, hot chocolate, or favorite treat!
- Liquid brine drained from 2 cans of chickpeas
- ¼ heaping teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (could could also add additional almond extract)
- 1 cup of white sugar (finely ground)
- Drain the liquid from the cans of chickpeas. Add the Cream of Tartar and mix together. Then add the vanilla and sugar and mix together for 10 to 15 minutes using a stand mixer or handheld mixer. The aquafaba should fluff up and the peaks should hold—then you know you’re done!
- This makes a giant batch—but you can easily halve the recipe.
- The aquafaba should be served soon after it is made (within a few hours). If you refrigerate it overnight, it will turn back into a liquid. You can re-whip it again and again though!
- Don’t use a single-blade immersion blender—this won’t work.
Keywords: aquafaba, chickpeas, dairy-free, egg-free, meringue, vegan whipped cream