A delicate and delicious dessert that is surprisingly simple to prepare. Ruby red apples, rich pastry, and sweet spices combine to create the most elegant after-dinner delicacy that the whole family will enjoy! These apple pastry purses are a dream!
- 1 package of puff pastry (dairy and egg-free)
- 2 red apples (any variety, finely chopped)
- ½ cup of walnuts (chopped)
- ¼ cup of pomegranate juice (apple juice will work too)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy butter
- a mix of cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- oil or oil spray for baking
- Thaw puff pastry for about 45 minutes. Roll out and cut each sheet into 6 squares.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the apples, walnuts, juice, cinnamon, and agave in a bowl.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the apple mixture in the center of each pastry square. Gather the sides and pinch together in a “purse.”
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet with cooking spray and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Apple purses, Apple Dessert, Fall Dessert, Treats, Vegan Dessert, Vegan Fall Recipe