This air-fried tofu is the most delicious protein-packed snack that comes together in minutes with the help of an air fryer. It’s so simple—made with cubed tofu, some spices, and nutritional yeast—and surprisingly healthy! This is one of our favorite snacks and make a delicious alternative to popcorn for movie watching or snacking.
- 1 block of super-firm tofu (the kind in a vacuum-sealed package)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- Slice your block of super-firm tofu into small cubes (about a centimeter in size) and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and toasted sesame oil and mix until evenly coated.
- Add corn starch and mix until evenly coated.
- Add nutritional yeast and gently mix until all tofu is well-coated. There may be some loose nutritional yeast at the bottom of the bowl—that’s okay, just get as much as you can to stick on.
- Spread tofu cubes evenly in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes at 390° F. Using a spatula, flip the tofu (no need to be too precise here, just shake them up a bit), and air fry for another 4 minutes at 390° F.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy!
These are best enjoyed fresh, so while they will last several hours on the counter, it’s best not to refrigerate and reheat them. That said, I’ve never once had leftovers—even if I’m the only one eating them! They are that good.
This recipe is very versatile. You can leave out the red pepper flakes if you’re not a fan of spice, and even skip the corn starch and/or nutritional yeast if you don’t have those on hand. It won’t be quite the same but will still be delicious, and I enjoy it that way often!
Keywords: snack, healthy, popcorn, tofu, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, nutritional yeast, easy