This simple plant-based 3 bean salad recipe can be made in moments and is wicked cheap! Plus, it’s packed with protein and nutrients to fuel your body. Hello, delicious fiesta salad…and hello, health!
- 1 can (15-ounce) of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15-ounce) of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15-ounce) of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15-ounce) of unsalted corn (drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup of tomato (diced)
- ¼ cup of cilantro (chopped)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (about 1 small lemon or lime)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 avocado, diced (added in step 1)
- ½ cup of red onion, diced (about ½ medium onion, add in step 1)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic, minced (about 1 small clove, add in step 1)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. The salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Toni’s Tips: To make this a meal, serve it over a bed of brown rice. If your canned beans and corn have salt, you don’t have to add salt to the dish.
Testers’ Tips: “I like salads with crunch and seasonings, so I recommend adding some matchstick-sized pieces of jicama or carrot, and maybe some cumin or chili powder. If serving over rice, definitely skip the crunchies, but I love this over lettuce!” —Susan M. from Kingsland, GA