This recipe from The Friendly Vegan Cookbook, the e-book I wrote with Toni Okamoto, is a fun spin on traditional tofu scramble. It’s quick to whip together thanks to the deeelicious Island Soyaki marinade that you can find at Trader Joe’s and many other grocery stores. Island Teriyaki works for this recipe too!
• One package extra firm tofu (12 oz) • 1⁄2 cup Island Soyaki marinade
• 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1⁄2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
• 1 tsp sesame seeds (white or black) • 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
• 2 stalks of kale, finely chopped
• 2 stalks of green onion, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
• 1⁄2 sliced avocado for garnish
- Drain tofu, pat dry with a paper towel, and slice into small cubes.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Add the tofu and all remaining ingredients except for the avocado and green onion reserved for garnish, and stir fry until all moisture is absorbed and the tofu cubes are lightly browned.
- Plate, garnish with sliced avocado and green onion, and devour!
For more delicious vegan recipes, check out our e-book The Friendly Vegan Cookbook: Vegan-Friendly Recipes for Everyone.