This recipe from my e-book, The Friendly Vegan Cookbook, is a fun spin on traditional tofu scramble. It’s quick to whip together thanks to the deeelicious Island Soyaki marinade that you can find at Trader Joe’s and many other grocery stores. Island Teriyaki works for this recipe too!
My dad, who has never made tofu scramble before, volunteered to star in this recipe video showing how to make this delicious dish! If my not-at-all-vegan dad can make this tofu scramble recipe, so can you. And I hope you do!
Tofu Scramble Recipe
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• One package of extra firm tofu (12 oz)
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes
• 1/2 cup of Island Soyaki marinade (Island Teriyaki will work too)
• 1 cup of baby tomatoes, sliced in half
• 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (white or black)
• 2 stalks of green onion, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
• 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
• 2 stalks of kale, finely chopped
• Several handfulls of spinach
• 1/2 sliced avocado for garnish
- Drain tofu, pat dry with a paper towel, and slice into small cubes.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the cubed tofu, turmeric, chili pepper flakes, Island Soyaki, and baby tomatoes and stir fry until all moisture is absorbed and the tofu cubes are lightly browned.
- Plate, garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, and devour!
For more delicious vegan recipes, check out our e-book The Friendly Vegan Cookbook: Vegan-Friendly Recipes for Everyone.