Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They’re packed with Vitamin A, potassium, and fiber, and they’re a wonderful food to incorporate into your diet whenever possible.
So…how about swapping out that boring white bread you toast up in the morning with some colorful sweet potato toast? It’s healthy. It’s delicious. It’s even photogenic (for all you Instagram lovers)!
Without further ado, I’m excited to share this easy vegan breakfast recipe from The Plant-Based on a Budget Meal Plan that I created with Toni Okamoto. This has become a staple in our homes, and I hope you love it as much as we do!
- ½ of a large sweet potato or yam
- Peanut butter
- Banana, sliced
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 400°F.
- Slice the sweet potato in half lengthwise, and then thinly slice using a sharp knife into thin pieces. Note: If the pieces are too thick, they will take significantly longer to cook.
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (until soft).
- Top with peanut butter, jelly, and sliced bananas and enjoy!
- Have fun with this recipe and mix it up with different toppings!