We love vegan cookbooks, and we’re especially excited to share the latest that we helped bring to life! Meet The Friendly Vegan Cookbook by Toni Okamoto and Michelle Cehn. This tasty e-book is packed with 14 delicious, affordable, healthy, and compassionate recipes that cover your bases for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, dessert, and beyond.
Can’t wait for a taste? You’re in luck. We’ve got a recipe from the book with you here today! Meet our garlicky-ginger tofu triangles. They’re simple to make and delicious to enjoy on their own or topped on a buddha bowl. Bon appétit!
- 12 oz extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 stalks of green onion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup water
- Cut tofu into ⅓ inch thick triangular slices, place in a large casserole dish, and set aside.
- To create the marinade, thoroughly mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over the tofu. Allow tofu to sit for a minimum of two hours, or overnight for a richer taste. Flip tofu halfway in-between.
- Once tofu is marinated, place a large sauté pan over high heat. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add as many tofu slices as will fit in one layer. Cook until tofu is browned on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. Flip the pieces, and brown on the other side, about 2 minutes. Pour in the marinade mixture, and cook until tofu darkens slightly, about 45 seconds. Flip tofu and repeat.
- Garnish with remaining thinly sliced green onion and enjoy!
- Sample recipe from The Friendly Vegan Cookbook.
In The Friendly Vegan Cookbook you can look forward to recipes for:
- Hella Healthy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Bodacious Black Bean BBQ Burgers
- Tofu Scramble³
- Herbed Polenta Fries
- Poppin’ Jalapeño Poppers
- PB&J Chia Pudding Parfait
- 2-Way Cookie Dough
…and so much more.
Love this marinated tofu recipe and hungry for more? You can pick up a copy of our The Friendly Vegan Cookbook e-book and enjoy an intimate collection of our favorite recipes. I hope you fall in love with the recipes as much as we have!